November 4, 2013 by saltdogsducttape
We just signed up for a 5k race to support Movember. It’s a great charity and a really fun group. It’s also a great chance to set a goal. But why stop at one?
- Adrienne made us a training plan for our 5k. According to my Nike+ watch my fastest 5k is 25:33. I would like to finish this one under 21:00
- A muscle up by January 1. Due to our equipment it will have to be ring muscle up. To get there I’m going to work on chest to bar pull ups on the rings and full range of motion ring dips.
- I need some serious work on my Oly lifting. The Power Snatch and Clean are pretty good. I’m just uncomfortable catching in a full squat. I will try and to at least 10 minutes to technique work before or after every WOD this month.
- Since we are going to have a more intense running program this month I need to up my mobility and recovery work. I am going to shoot for 10 minutes, twice a day.
- I will do what I can to get eight hours of sleep a night. I generally do well with less than that, but maybe I’ll notice a difference.
Do you have any goals that you have set for the month? Or the end of the year? What are you doing to achieve them?